Guthrie Clinic is an integrated, multi-specialty group practice that provides comprehensive, team-based care to more than one million people in the Twin Tiers region of northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. Guthrie physicians are leaders in the communities in which they live and work. They exhibit key competencies of quality and excellence within a collaborative environment, and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the patients they serve. Physicians who choose Guthrie are service oriented and demonstrate the values of trust, respect and integrity.
The Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, physician-led, integrated health care delivery system, is seeking candidates for a System Chief of Pediatrics who will have system-wide operational responsibility for pediatric patients. The department includes over 25 physicians and advanced practice ambulatory providers and two inpatient pediatric services. In partnership with the Chief Quality Officer and Primary Care Service Line Leadership, the chief will share responsibility for quality of pediatric care. Sites are PCMH Level III accredited.
Successful candidates will have a collaborative, results focused style and five years of leadership experience. Advanced education in leadership is preferred. Board certification is required.
- Well established community practice that is patient and family oriented and devoted to the community
- Outpatient practice model with walk-in clinic, evening and weekend hours
- Call schedule will be 1:10; 8 am – 8 pm with an answering service picking up at 7:30 pm
- Part of a physician led multi-specialty group practice with a fully integrated inpatient / outpatient EHR
- Easy access to Guthrie specialists and the Mayo Clinic Care Network
Guthrie’s physicians have the ability to enjoy a well-balanced lifestyle, focusing on their passion for practicing medicine as well as spending quality time with their families. If you are a physician interested in collaborating with an innovative health system recognized for excellence in improving patient outcomes, a rewarding journey awaits you!
As with any knowledge-based industry, Guthrie recognizes that people are our most precious resource. Therefore, our primary goal is to attract physicians who appreciate the idea of working on a team; who enjoy being surrounded by extraordinary colleagues who are all interested in providing the very best patient care possible.
Corning Hospital, Corning Centerway Clinic, Corning Steuben Clinic and Healthworks are located in Corning, NY within an easy commute of major cities of the northeast - Rochester, Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Toronto (Ontario, Canada), Philadelphia, and New York City - all are within 2 to 4-1/2 hour's drive.
Excellent schools. Affordable housing. Low cost-of-living. Safe place to raise a family.
Located just south of the Finger Lakes Region with a multitude of lakes, waterfalls, wineries and amazing four-season recreation.
Area renowned for maple products (syrup, sugar, candy), wine, dairy, apple and corn production.
Corning Inc. is the area's largest employer with four major branches: consumer electronics, mobile emissions control, telecommunications and life sciences. The company's products include glass substrates for LCD televisions, computer monitors and laptops; ceramic substrates and filters for mobile emission control systems; optical fiber, cable hardware and other equipment for telecommunications networks; optical biosensors used in drug research; and other advanced optics and specialty glass products for the semiconductor, aerospace, defense, and metrology industries.
Three regional airports are nearby with easy connections to New York City, Boston, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Orlando, FL. In addition, two large international airports are nearby.
- Elmira/Corning Regional Airport - 10 minutes away
- Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport - 40 minutes northeast
- Binghamton Regional Airport - 1-1/2 hours east
- Greater Rochester International Airport - 1-1/2 hours northwest
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport - 2-1/2 hours northwest
Guthrie Obstetrics/Gynecology Opportunity, Sayre, PA!
Whether you enjoy the outdoors, theater, museums or a Finger Lakes wine tour, working at Guthrie allows you to indulge your passions.
Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, physician-led, integrated health care delivery system has an opening for a BC/BE Chief of OB/GYN. At Guthrie you can work in an environment that is supportive both professionally and personally.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience preferred
- Lead a practice of 5 other Physicians and 2 Nurse Practitioners
- Enjoy an equal balance of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- DiVinci Robot on-site
- Collaborate with your colleagues on major cases
- Easy access to Guthrie specialists and the Mayo Clinic Care Network
- Robust EHR (EPIC)
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York, serving patients from a twelve-county service area. Guthrie is a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network and is the first health system based in Pennsylvania and New York to join this network. Guthrie is comprised of a research institute, home care/hospice, hospitals in Sayre, Pa., Corning, N.Y., Towanda, Pa., Troy, Pa. and Cortland, N.Y., as well as a multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offering 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 21 communities in Pennsylvania and New York. In addition, Guthrie offers home medical equipment and respiratory therapy products at seven convenient Med Supply Depot locations. Guthrie provides a wide range of services and programs to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.
Life in Guthrie's expansive service area is bursting with exhilaration. From the uphills to the downhills, the Finger Lakes Wine Country to the mountains, there's an unforgettable ride waiting for you. Like sports? See your favorite collegiate and professional teams and cheer for new ones. Unexpected cultural gems beckon at your back door.
Myriad career opportunities for spouses abound, at Fortune 500 companies and at leading technological and educational institutions. And when only the city will do, Boston, New York, Philadelphia and D.C. can be reached in just a quick trip. Discover the innumerable rewards of life in the Twin Tiers.
Guthrie Clinic, a non-profit, physician-led, integrated health care delivery system is seeking candidates for Chief, Section of Hospitalist Medicine. The Chief will oversee 24 Hospitalists and 9 Advanced Practice Providers, located in 5 regional hospitals. The Chief has responsibility for quality, leadership, scheduling and overall program strategy.
Position details and requirements:
- Ensures the Section functions in an integrated system of care, improving performance, growing depth of clinical programs, and enhancing quality outcomes.
- Serves as mentor, guide and support for Hospitalists system wide.
- Leads recruitment/retention of Physicians and APPs to actively grow the Section.
- Position is 50% Administrative and 50% clinical.
- Participates in quality and system improvement within group and across hospital.
- Participates in all group clinical decisions with the goal of high quality care.
- Participates in group performance reviews with regard to quality of care, satisfaction, and efficiency metrics.
- Coordinates schedule with group to maintain 24/7 coverage at all hospitals within the integrated health system.
- Ensures coverage of shifts.
- Participates in strategic plan for hospital medicine group, including marketing, growth/recruiting, service, and quality.
- Establish annual goals for quality, efficiency growth and satisfaction.
- Responsible for developing, updating and maintaining clinical standards and care paths.
- Participates in utilization review and peer review activities as they relate to the Hospitalist program.
- Oversees the development of the annual budget and key operating indicators for the Department and monitors the Department’s performance in relation to these annual targets.
- Works collaboratively with the Program Director for the Internal Medicine Residency Program, the Fellowship Directors and the Director of Medical Education to ensure the quality of the residency and fellowship(s).
- M.D. or D.O.; BC in Internal Medicine. Advanced degree (MBA, MHA, MMM) desirable.
- Five or more years of successfully leading a Hospitalist program.
- Strong commitment to the patient care and future academic missions of Guthrie Clinic.
- Possession of, or eligibility for, a medical license in Pennsylvania.
Guthrie, founded in 1910, provides comprehensive team-based care to patients from an 11-county service area. Guthrie Clinic is comprised of 5 hospitals, over 500 physicians and advanced practice providers in a regional office network made up of 45 sub-specialty and primary care sites in 21 communities. In addition, we offer a wide range of services and programs including home health and home care services, GME and a research institute.
Guthrie's (main) Sayre campus is situated in a beautiful valley in north-central PA, located just a few miles from the NY border. Guthrie’s service area stretches from Corning and Ithaca, NY to Wellsboro, PA (home of PA Grand Canyon) down to Tunkhannock, PA and is less than 30 minutes from the Finger Lakes region.